Monday, May 19, 2014

THE MONTREAL CANADIENS TO GO PRICE-LESS


As I chomped on my lunch at noon hour I zipped over to the Toronto Star website and saw a headline not meant for a Habs fan such as myself...

Montreal Canadiens’ goalie Carey Price out of Eastern Final with injury
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2014/05/19/montreal_canadiens_goalie_carey_price_out_of_eastern_final_with_injury.html#


The originating bearer of the bad news was Canadiens coach Michel Therrien during a news conference today in Brossard, Quebec.

Game 2 of the series with the Canadiens and the New York Rangers takes place tonight at the Bell Centre in Montreal. The crowd will be tense, for sure, with backup goaltenders Peter Budaj and Dustin Tokarski having to fill in for master puck stopper Carey Price.

For a detailed description on how Price was injured in Game 1 against the Rangers just go to the link provided above. I can't think about it--the collision--and what this means for my beloved ice hockey team.

What was it that Doctor Zachary Smith used to say from time to time? "The pain... the pain...."

No comments: