Sunday, January 6, 2008

POD PEOPLE

The CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) is promoting their new show, jPod, with vigour. I saw a large print ad for it in a newspaper the other day; plus there are a lot of adverts on CBC television.

Not since I was in my early twenties have I anticipated any television show, but this one does intrigue me. Not only is it based on the 2006 book, jPod, by Douglas Coupland, but the tv promotions do forge some basic interest from me.

I read a review in last week's Eye Weekly. The reviewer said that while the first episode is stiff (very common in opening installments), jPod gets its legs in subsequent stories.

This is not something we have never heard before, but I just might give it a chance.

Besides, tv has not been the same for me ever since Lucas Tanner went off the air.

jPod premieres on the CBC on Tuesday, January 8th at 9 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/jpod/

2 comments:

Greg Woods said...

I'm thinking of checking this out, too. I've been reading a lot of Coupland lately. Who knows, Mr. Smight, it might divert you from your rants about George Strombolopoulos!

Barry Smight said...

"Rants" my dear sir? I thought that rants had to go on for a few beats. I just say, fire the guy and get someone new.

The CBC is promoting "jPod" very well. It might actually have an audience to start.