Saturday, January 12, 2008

SHORTING OUT TWO MORE

I should have done some heavier thinking before filing that ELECTRONIC SHORTS posting. Was surfing the web and something reminded me of a show I had forgotten in that list; then another...

Caribe (1975)... A cop show starring Stacey Keach, Jr. Exotic locations and cops.

Most Wanted (1976)... I'm sure I did not miss too many episodes of this vehicle for Robert Stack. Was that guy without work, ever? Most didn't want this show and it was cancelled before finishing out the season.

The careful reader might notice that I can't come up with any examples after 1981. My television watching slowed down about that time. (I was tired of being had.)

In the year 1985 I did give Steven Spielberg's anthology series Amazing Stories a chance. That same year/week I also started watching the first of a few episodes of the new Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and the new The Twilight Zone series. These were all anthology series -- the networks gave this format a chance again, but the regular public wanted their "shows" to have continuing characters to care about. Still does. (Call it predictability. Comfort. Familiarity.)

No comments: