Thursday, January 31, 2008

SUPER(LESS)BOWL COUNTDOWN

Fire up the Internet, listen to some conversations around these days and understand that the Super Bowl game is coming up. This is number XLII and it is being played in Arizona on Sunday, February 3rd. I won't be there -- I have never seen a Super Bowl game. Part of the reason is I learned over the years from friends that the big game is always anticlimactic and a disappointment. I have watched a few regular football games in the last few years but this only convinces me it cannot hold a toast to a good ice hockey game. The sport itself is laboured, drawn out, over 'ruled', and for North Americans only. (Ice hockey is played in more places around the world than is North American football.)

Having said all that, I will make a prediction. I worry about Tom Brady's foot so I imagine that the New York Giants will win the big one by a score of 31 to 27.

Poor Patriots...

No comments: