Friday, February 1, 2008

DEATH SLOT (A NETWORK PANICS)

Here we go; the first sign of trouble... or doomnation. The Toronto Sun newspaper has reported that the CBC's new shows, jPod, and MVP: The Secret Lives of Hockey Wives are trading places. As I have read too much over the years about television and certain historical examples of time changes, I think I can safely say the Ceeb is panicking too soon. Or at least picking the wrong time slots.

This rings a bell.

jPod currently airs on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. while its network pal, MVP, plays Friday nights at 9 p.m. The CBC is making this uncomplicated. Just a switcheroo. "Abracapocus".

I'm sure the feeling is jPod will find an audience of young people who have stayed home expressly to enjoy the latest installment of this venerable show.

Now where have I heard of this before? A fragment of a memory about some show which had a plum weekday night slot and was moved to Friday night only to have dissappeared forever. I must be imagining this.

The news... http://www.torontosun.com/Entertainment/Television/2008/02/01/4805487-sun.html

No comments: