Sunday, January 12, 2014

WHO'S WATCHING THE TELEFANTASY?


Last summer while I was skimming through a book on film and television producer Irwin Allen, I had a sobering moment; there was a passage in Irwin Allen Television Productions, 1964 - 1970 (by Jon Abbott) which caught my eye, so much so that I felt compelled to copy that section of text into my little notebook. A few days ago I stumbled upon the entry. "It" is referring to Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea or Lost in Space; I did not make a note of which 1960s telefantasy series it was that the article was referring to at this point. But, we get it...

"It still stands up as good entertainment in its own right, and Allen's shows come from an age when science-fiction and fantasy television shows were watched by everyone, not just an elite clique of enthusiasts."

No comments: