Tuesday, April 1, 2008

BAY STREET VIDEO, TORONTO

I went into the main Toronto HMV store (downtown) last evening. My Lordy, is that place expensive. Now that Sam the Record Man is safely gone...

I knew that would happen. It does not take a rocket scientist to see where the price indexing was going at HMV. In all fairness, they have a few good deals on feature films; but the 'TV on DVD' pricing is out of this world! If you want to buy old or new series television on the shiny disc, check out Bay Street Video before you venture into HMV -- if you have to at all. There are some good chains down near HMV which offer better pricing.

Now I know why I rarely visit that place.

Bay Street Video website...
http://www.baystreetvideo.com/

3 comments:

Greg Woods said...

Oh yeah man, Bay St, Video is it! Although sometimes HMV undercuts them on the sell-through stuff by a dollar or two, otherwise their prices are very good. The staff, however...

Just this week I picked up the new collection of The Tomorrow Show, and (be still my heart) Fugitive Girls, scripted by the one the only Edward D. Wood Jr.

Barry Smight said...

I meant to mention the staff thing. They are not very friendly or very helpful. There is no help offered at all.

And they are ALL like that; whenever I go in there.

Greg Woods said...

Revisiting this post, actually, I'm remembering that Sam's DVD prices weren't all that great. Once they got back on their feet after declaring bankruptcy, I remember a lot of stuff was overpriced, possibly to make more money.