Wednesday, April 30, 2008

MICHAEL POLLAN (x2)

I saw "In Defence of Food: An Eater's Manifesto" author Michael Pollan on CBC's The Hour tonight. While he was being chatted up by that most useless host (George somebody) I flipped over to TVO's The Agenda... and there was Michael Pollan being interviewed by an outstanding host (Steve Paikin). This time the writer was on the show's studio view-screen in a satellite feed from Berkeley, California, U.S.A.

I have not investigated as of yet -- my first guess is one show is live and the other a repeat -- but this makes the question fun: Has Michael Pollan been reproduced (cross-pollanated) via genetic engineering? One is the real thing and the other a pod person?

2 comments:

DonaldAR said...

You perfidious pack of peccadillos! Strombo rocks! You're just jealous he beat you out for the gig at CBC. I told you not to make that sex tape with Hilary.

Barry Smight said...

My dear boy...

In fact, "Perniciousness Through Pertinaciousness" is my slogan! At least it is when it comes to Strombo.