Friday, April 18, 2008

SMALL TREMOR

Just a few minutes after I woke up this morning (at 5:30) I felt a very recognizable shift in the earth. An earthquake, I thought. I got up and after firing up the Internet, there was the news story, right on http://www.msnbc.com/... there was an earth quake in the St. Louis, Missouri area. And the time was 5:35 or so. I was not imagining the earth move.

I checked periodically with the Toronto newspaper websites to see if there were any reports of other Torontonians feeling a disturbance. It took a while but eventually there was a blurb about the quake being felt in Kitchener, Ontario.

Maybe there is a fault line running through my house.

Time to rent Crack in the World again. That is a fun movie. There is the answer as to why we get the occasional tremor in Toronto.

No comments: