Friday, September 6, 2013

TO SERVE FREIBERGER


Back on July 15th, I said this (here)...

Last Thursday morning, 6 a.m. to be exact, my usual wake-up time, I sat down at my computer and proceeded to compose a lengthy blog posting on the debate about producer Fred Freiberger and his "ruining" of Space: 1999.

No, he did not ruin 1999 during his tenure as Series Two producer -- sorry, Space: 1999 fans...

"Film at eleven." (In a couple of days.)


Obviously, folks, well to those of you who are regular readers to this blog, I did not follow up "In a couple of days". I wanted to finish re-reading the book The Making of Space: 1999 (by Tim Heald) before committing the piece to blog.

As part of my unofficial look-back at the old television series Space: 1999 (1975 - 1977) I wrote a succession of postings: Some were asking 'which episode should I watch tonight', and others reminisced on tie-in merchandise that had been released shortly after the show went to air.

While I milled about yesterday I though about this hopefully outstanding outstanding upcoming blog posting and decided to get going and finish 'er up. It's been a few weeks since I finished the fine behind-the-scenes book.

When I fired up my computer last evening and re-entered the Internet Zone and my blog's dashboard, I discovered that there was a small pile of hits on the Freiberger posting.

The Twilight Zone?

Maybe... but the twist ending here will be that I actually get the finished Freiberger story up by the conclusion of this upcoming weekend.


STANDING UP FOR FRED FREIBERGER
http://barrysmight.blogspot.ca/2013/07/standing-up-for-fred-freiberger-soon.html

THE MAKING OF SPACE: 1999 - THE BOOK
http://barrysmight.blogspot.ca/2013/07/the-making-of-space-1999-book.html

No comments: