Sunday, September 15, 2013

A FREELANCE - A BOIL-OVER

Regular readers to this blog might have noticed that I have not posted anything in three days (since Thursday). This may be a record for me; the longest no-go since May, when I made a decision to keep the entries coming. I do have a bit of a backlog, but even those need a few minutes here and an hour there.

My excuse, I think, is a good one: I have a few freelance gigs happening right now, and two of them are nearing their delivery dates. I'm in good shape, but that's only because I've been staying away from the frivolous stuff: like updating my Facebook page and watching Tea Party videos on Youtube. I'm kidding. I have no Facebook account, the biggest time waster out there for the average person who has better things to do with their time; and I had my fill of watching 24-hour Tea Party People. Hmm, I wonder what they do with their free time? (Besides trying to read Sarah Palin's autobiography)....


Two things I enjoyed this week...

* Russian President Vladimir Putin's Op-ed piece in the New York Times...

A Plea for Caution From Russia
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-plea-for-caution-from-russia-on-syria.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0


* Singer/songwriter legend Neil Young's "take" on the Alberta oil sands (tar sands), and especially the fall-out...

Helpless: What the Neil Young uproar says about our oil sands sensitivity
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/top-business-stories/helpless-what-the-neil-young-uproar-says-about-our-oil-sands-sensitivity/article14316664/

No comments: