Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A BIT OF SNOW IN APRIL - SUMMERS

Toronto got a dusting of rain, sleet, and snow this morning. Yesterday temperatures hit 22 degrees Celsius in the city, but today leveled down at around zero (freezing).

This big shift in weather reminded me of a similar one, but of a much larger scale, in April of 1974; an event that I blogged about two days ago: here.

I have not heard yet as to what Environment Canada has predicted for us in the way of a summer. Last summer here in Toronto was not too bad; we had just one long disgusting heatwave. Not like the summer of 2005. I can't talk about that one. And 1988?... I can hardly think about the summer of that year.

The summer of 1985 was really nice; there were no heatwaves of any kind. Temps were fairly constant in the mid-upper twenties. I remember that there were just two or three days scattered over the summer where the mercury actually hit 30 Celsius -- a perfect summer.

The months are going by so quickly I soon may be blogging in sweat... or maybe not.



No comments: