Friday, April 4, 2014

BUSH PAINTING OF PUTIN


George W. Bush is someone to despise. His illegal actions were responsible for the deaths of thousands of people. He should probably be in prison. He'd have lots of time to paint while incarcerated.

It was this morning, while reading the Washington Post, that I became aware that the former mercenary has portrait painting in his blood. Bush's artwork on Stephen Harper is effective in that it shows the Canadian Prime Minister for what he is: Nothing at all.

My favourite Bush portraiture of Imperious World Leaders is the one he did of Vladimir Putin. This masterwork, of sorts, seemingly nails Russia's dynamic President. There is something about the eyes, and the facial expression. Does it say, "there's more to me than you think"?

As for Bush's other paintings, well, it's hard for me to decide whether I like them or not. Not that it matters; art criticism is scary.

No comments: