Wednesday, January 14, 2009

RICARDO MONTALBAN AND PATRICK MCGOOHAN DIE

So, I thought I would take a trip to the Internet Movie Database (imdb.com), a few minutes ago, to check up on entertainment news. My eyes caught "Patrick McGoohan dead at 80".

"Oh no", I said to myself.

Right above that headline?... "Actor Ricardo Montalban dies at 88".

It is not a good day in the neighbourhood.

Last night I decided, somewhat impulsively, that I must have the 1967 series The Prisoner on DVD. I have not seen it in two or three years and need my fix. Of course Patrick McGoohan was the creator and star of that superlative (and limited!) series. It used to freak me out when I was a little one.

I must collect my thoughts...

2 comments:

Jon said...

"The Prisoner" is being remade (or reinvigorated or recalibrated or whatever the term is) as a miniseries:

http://www.portmeirion-village.com/content.php?nID=8;ID=88;lID=1

Supposedly the white spheres will be back as well.

Barry Smight said...

The "Rovers"! Yes!