Wednesday, January 21, 2009

CBC MOVIE GUESSING GAME

Try popping on the tube late at night when the CBC is playing a movie and try guessing what flick it is. Fine. That's what happens whenever you join something in progress, but the Ceeb raises the stakes by never saying what the movie is on any given night. You'd think that when they go to a commercial an announcer would say something like, "Day of the Jackal will be right back". No. Why would they? I guessed Jackal this evening mainly because I recognized Edward Fox right away... just needed a few minutes. It has been years since I've seen this one.

The CBC screened Cinema Paradiso last week; nailed it right away simply because I love this movie (even with Ennio Morricone's grating score). However, there are some movies that I can never peg.

"Sweetie, I'll get back to you as soon as I figure out what this blasted movie is... "

Invite friends over late one night, pull out the beer and weed, and play "guess the movie".

No comments: