Sunday, January 4, 2009

BEING ERICA

The CBC is premiering their new series Being Erica tomorrow evening (Monday, January 5th) at 9 pm. I read somewhere recently that this is just a retread of at least two previous shows that were quickly cancelled. That does not surprise me.

My only question is why does the CBC have such a narrow view of how to promote a show? The ads I have seen on the mother network for Being Erica seem to be identical to ones placed a year ago when they were pushing Sophie: That is a shot of the lead actress goofing off before the camera. Is the CBC so cursed with a paucity of ideas that they see no other avenue?

2 comments:

enjonze said...

Odd, I thought that too. At first I thought the ads were for that other show, Sophie...

The ads for that didn't make me tune in. The ads for this don't either, though the actress is very photogenic! And from what I've read about the show it seems like a VERY limited premise.

Neil

Greg Woods said...

Bring back The Beachcombers!