Monday, January 12, 2009

WHERE IS WHO CHRISTMAS?

I am not a big fan of the 'new' Doctor Who program; one with Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, and soon to star Matt Smith. However, I am fan of 'old' Who; one with William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, (I'm out of breath). To be more specific, I like the show before Davison, although he could be good and I enjoy some of his stories.

New Who has been going for a little while and I admit I watch the show very intermittently more through duty than anything else. For me, viewing this program is often brutal, painful -- my butt actually hurts through some sort of sympathetic pain with my brain -- and about as exciting as going to a Toronto Raptors game. Okay, it's not that bad an experience.

The CBC insists on presenting Doctor Who in the most confusing and irregular schedule you can imagine. There is no rhyme or reason as to how they slot it in. The Corp used to be investors in the show but don't seem to have the nerve to drop it from their lineup. It's not as though they are trying to build an audience or anything. After all, their excellent website has absolutely the latest information for the surfer to check the latest news... not! The site is great, but Who is a neglected orphan. During the summer I went onto cbc.ca to see when they were planning on premiering the new season. Well, the idea was sweet, at least. No info, period!

Where is the Doctor Who Christmas Special, 2008 version? I had just assumed it was going to be on that network. Nothing.

Who is in control at the CBC? Who?! It's like no one is really at the helm of the ship. And if there is, he or she doesn't know that "it's tiller steering".

2 comments:

enjonze said...

Ha, beat you! I posted about this yesterday.

Cheers!

Barry Smight said...

Nuts! Maybe because I brought up the issue a little while ago.

You ARE good, Mr. enjonze!