Monday, January 5, 2009

MATT SMITH IS NEW WHO

I did my round of the British tabloids on-line and came across this breaking news from two days ago...
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article2092775.ece

So he's the new Doctor Who; the title character. The excitement is too much for some to handle. As a joke the BBC should fabricate a fictitious actor and release 'him' to the media. That would be pretty funny: The geeks could post comments on their favourite message boards (the ones they spend their entire days on) to the effect, "Best Doctor Who... ever!"

2 comments:

enjonze said...

Gotta love the fans who say "So-and-so would have been better" without having seen a single frame of film with Smith as the Doctor. I would have cast an older actor (my three choices would have been, in order: Stephen Fry, Robert Carlyle, or David Warner)... but, hey, guess what, Internetians: I'm not in charge.

Russell T. Davies is on his way out, replaced by (IMHO) a far superior writer, Stephen Moffatt, the man who wrote some of the series' less ambitious visual effects-wise but FAR more ambitious story-wise episodes. So perhaps the new DW will be more character- and less cataclysm-driven.

I can die happy never seeing another Cyber-King or skyfull of Daleks.

Long live the Doctor!

Barry Smight said...

Bill Nighy! (My guess is he would not sign to a series as he is a busy guy... "Valkyrie" is recent/current example.)

The more I think about it, Nighy would be perfect in the role as the Doctor.