Thursday, June 4, 2009

DAVID CARRADINE DEAD

I turned on the radio this morning and (as though the newsreader was waiting for my stereo's amp to power up) immediately heard the news that David Carradine had been found dead in his Bangkok hotel room. The report at this time is the actor commited suicide.

The sad headline was followed by an archived sound bite from an interview with Carradine where he said that the Kill Bill movies were probably the best thing he had ever done -- this from a guy who was synonymous with "Grasshopper" from the 1970s TV series Kung Fu. I remember watching that series when it aired... and felt it had a strange exotic quality, as did the series' star.

I saw Death Race 2000 when it was first released and enjoyed it very much; it delivered a twisted sense of humour that this developing soul appreciated. Very funny movie... and David Carradine was perfectly cast as racer "Frankenstein". See what I mean?


Toronto Star...
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/645445

1 comment:

Pat R said...

so many Kung Fu fans (such as myself) wanted to grow up to be like David Carradine...