Friday, June 12, 2009

CRISWELL PREDICTED

My friends, I was in top form today; not only did I pick the wrong team to win the Stanley Cup (see my posting TONIGHT RED WINGS & PENGUINS) but my score count was way off: The Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Detroit Red Wings by a score of 2 to 1.

Read this imagining John Candy's voice as the geeky kid in the 1981 animated film Heavy Metal: "Boy, was I way off!"

(It's a good thing I didn't reveal that I predicted that the Piccard Hotel will open on the floor of the Marianas Trench in the year 2011.)

Incidentally, the Penguins are the first team since the 1971 NHL playoff finals to come back and win the cup after being down two games to nil. In that historic series the Montreal Canadiens came back to steal victory from the Chicago Blackhawks... I saw that series. It is still the finest Stanley Cup final I have ever seen.

By the way, Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby was useless. After the game, NHL commissioner Gary "The Creep" Bettman said that Crosby will be the youngest captain to hoist the cup over his head. Too bad Crosby didn't do anything.

No comments: