Thursday, June 25, 2009

FARRAH FAWCETT

What a day. I never knew much about Farrah Fawcett even though Charlie's Angels ran when I was a teenager. For some reason I did not watch the show which is odd considering that I was an "excitable" young man. My favourite "angel" would have been Kate Jackson -- if I had been asked the big question -- as I knew her from a show I actually did watch a few years before: The Rookies.

There was that poster, and I don't mean a blog poster. I never had one, nor did anyone I actually knew, but eight million other souls sure did own that iconic piece of photographic paper.

I did see the David Letterman incident as I was watching a movie on my VCR, and since channel 3 was the default setting on my recorder, when I finished the movie, Farrah Fawcett and her bizarre appearance on the famous late-night host's show filled my television screen. "What is this?!" was probably my reaction at the time. It was not until the next day that I heard the controversy about how "out there" Ms. Fawcett was "last night". I guess I had not been imagining anything.

Why is it that we remember the wacky stuff more than we do the rest when it comes to these celebrities? Same goes for Michael Jackson.

There is no denying this was a sad day... and week, when you also count Ed McMahon's passing from a few days ago.

No comments: