Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ED MCMAHON DIES AT 86

"Who do you think you are?... Fred McMahon?"
- Archie Bunker

Ed McMahon was one of those guys that I could tell you almost nothing about, other than the fact he was Johnny Carson's sidekick on The Tonight Show. (I also can't tell you much about Johnny Carson and his Tonight Show, as I have never watched the late-night talk shows.)

The famous supporting player's passing is still sad news, however, as I do appreciate what he represents. Some things I did know: McMahon married a much younger woman, years ago; he almost lost his house as part of the mortgage crisis. I just found out that he was a fighter pilot during the Korean War... now that is interesting to me!

Ed McMahon struck me as being a very nice person... in a business full of shitheads.

Toronto Star story...
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/655139

No comments: