Sunday, April 25, 2010

THE ENDLESS SUMMER

I popped on the television to check a VHS tape I found unmarked -- there are many more -- and SunTV came up on my screen. It was their Sunday afternoon movie. A movie about surfing. Classic 16mm footage with voice-over and continuous and outstanding music.

There was no way I could turn it off as I love all things ocean. I did not give much thought to what it is I was watching. Then the voice over said, "It seems like an endless summer".

"Endless Summer! That's the movie. I've never seen this." (I talk to myself a lot. The cat is smart enough to know that I'm not talking to him; which, from his perspective, makes me look even more the lunatic.)

Great stuff. You need not be a surfing fan to enjoy The Endless Summer (1966). Highly recommended.

No comments: