Saturday, April 24, 2010

YOUTUBE TURNS FIVE

In the previous posting I spoke of Facebook. I'll just leave it at that. Another force of the Internet is Youtube.com

The first time I explored that cat-video shelf, was late 2006. In typical fashion, I hear about something and decide months later to investigate. Youtube is great, even with all the junk on there... which is fine, that is what it is for; have fun making a little video and put it up for all to see. Well, those who stumble upon it is probably more correct.

My favourite quality of Youtube? The variety of good and bad short films. I've seen hundreds of short films, many of those when I was a short-film programmer, and this type is probably my favourite. Most feature films are bad, as is certainly the case with the 'mainstream' ones; and there is nothing worse than having to sit through them, when they are. Oh, Avatar, what dost thou to mine eyes...


On Youtube's birthday...
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/lights-camera-lolcats-youtube-turns-five/article1545453/

No comments: