Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ROCKET ROBIN HOOD ON DVD

Last week I was nosing around in Toronto's coolest video store, Suspect Video, and noticed that on the rack in front of me was a DVD case for Rocket Robin Hood.

That show had some good scripts, not to forget demented imagery, which set it apart from most kiddie fare.

This makes me want to rent the DVD set, eat some major 'shrooms and watch the freaky one where Rocket Robin and his gang are gassed into delirium by some giant mushrooms.

And then there's "Dimentia Five... Ha, ha, ha..." Listen to the creepy organ music.

Ah, childhood. Not to mention, continuing childhood.

(This reminds me of a story a friend told me some years ago: He was up really late one night watching some old musical from the 1930s or 40s. As per the type of film, a big dance number fired up with the chorus joining in. My friend was woken up from his half conscious state when he caught wind of the tune coming from his TV speakers. He shouted, "that's the Rocket Robin Hood theme!")

No comments: