Wednesday, April 21, 2010

FIVE CLASSIC WHO'S COMING TO DVD

Coming to DVD this coming July 6th are five classic Doctor Who stories:

Starring William Hartnell as The Doctor are "The Space Museum" (hey, I've visited there) and "The Chase". I did not realize that Jeremy Bulloch ("Boba Fett" of Star Wars, IV and V) was a guest star on Who.

Jon Pertwee (my fave) in "The Time Monster".

Tom Baker (the general fave) in "Underworld" and "The Horns of Nimon". (Both with "K-9", unfortunately.)


Look at the extras...
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doctor-July-2010-Slate/13515

(Photo above: Tom Baker in "Underworld")

4 comments:

Greg Woods said...

Ack-- all this talk about who was the best "Doctor Who"-- come on fanboys, give your X Chromosomes some exercise--- let's talk about the best Doctor Who Broads! I had it bad for Elisabeth Sladen in those teenaged years... the episode where she's attacked by some snake thing didn't lose its Freudian implications on this young viewer.

Barry Smight said...

Whoa! I never saw that one.

My favourite companion ("broad"), as I noted when I first started this blog, is Jo Grant. My favourite Doctor Who story is "The Curse of Peladon". There is something about that one: A perfect mix of different ingredients (some bizarre aliens, Shakespearean deceit, Agatha Christie-style murders, castle-on-the-hill with stormy sky), including a terrific final minute to wrap up a very satisfying story.

Greg Woods said...

Boy you sure averted talking about X-chromosome-related material real quick!

Barry Smight said...

I must be careful (winky-wink).