Tuesday, July 9, 2013

NO T.V. - GOING ON TWO YEARS

"Commander, I'm missing my television!"
Last evening I was hooking up some video equipment when I realized that it has been almost two years that I have been without "television".

Yep, ever since about the 26th of August, 2011, when local broadcasters switched to digital transmissions only, I have been without the capability of watching regular over-the-air T.V. (I don't have cable.)

What's really interesting about all this is that I have never pined for the ability to pop-on the tube. Never. And now it's such a part of my life that I don't remember it being any other way.

Besides, TVOntario and the C.B.C. (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) upload their programs once they've been aired. The former's The Agenda, with the incomparable Steve Paikin, was always a favourite show of mine before the big switcharoo. (It's on my agenda to keep up.)

Having said all that, I will pick up a digital-to-analogue conversion box one of these days.

No comments: