Sunday, June 8, 2014

ANDERSON'S THE RING - AROUND THE MOON

Set-building cheapness: Dr. Helena Russell at the Cartoon Wall.

It draws me in; above. It's the Space: 1999 episode "Ring Around the Moon". And it's really bad, even by the standards of the series itself (not one of Brit star producer Gerry Anderson's best, although it does have a few standout installments). However, for a couple of years now this episode has commanded yearly viewing by this fan.

Ouch: My records show that I last saw "Ring Around the Moon" in July of last year. It seems a more recent screening. (And it seems like yesterday that I was just 27 years old.)

I will watch the infamous episode again, but, with all that I am trying to accomplish these days, a re-watch demands a late night time slot. (A friend of mine who is a big fan of the series likes to watch Space: 1999 late at night; the later the better, I understand. He would shout, "watch 'Collision Course' at 1 a.m. on a cold winter's night".)

In my internal blog research I discovered that I have treated "Ring" twice before -- as if I don't remember...

WHICH SPACE: 1999 EPISODE TO WATCH? (July 17, 2013)
http://barrysmight.blogspot.ca/2013/07/what-space-1999-episode-to-watch.html

... I answered the above question with a review...

RING AROUND THE BATHTUB (July 18, 2013)
http://barrysmight.blogspot.ca/2013/07/ring-around-bathtub.html


The evidence tells me I one thing: "Obsession"

... no; that's a Star Trek episode.

No comments: