Monday, June 23, 2014

A TELEVISION SERIES THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!

The word "geek" is something I readily apply to myself. For evidence just look at my last dozen blog postings. I'm a complicated geek, however, since I seem to always forget that some dynamite Gerry Anderson-created television series from my youth is being remade. (Maybe I forget because I have grown up, to some degree; maybe it's simply because I'm not a kiddie any longer.)

A few minutes ago I took a break with a pot of tea and the Internet and was reminded that a new Thunderbirds television series was announced months ago; it will reappear in the form of Thunderbirds Are Go! (not to be confused with the 1966 feature film based on the original television series). It is being produced, for release in the Spring of next year, by ITV Studios and Pukeko Pictures with visual effects by the Weta Workshop.

Hopefully the scripts will be as good as the original shows'. The remake of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons, reformed and released in 2005 as Gerry Anderson's New Captain Scarlet, is horrible. (I watched an episode last year.)

Cross your Supermarionette fingers.

Last Thursday ITV Studios released this image of "Thunderbird 1", my own fave of the International Rescue vehicles. Looks great, even if the wings are almost non-existent (and appears to be flying upside down)...



I've blogged about Thunderbird 1 before; in "Thunderbird 1 (Is Go!)".

No comments: