Monday, June 30, 2014

LAST NIGHT'S NEWS, THIS MORNING'S HAPPY

Last evening I got together with friends for food and drink and lots of fun. When I got home late at night there was an email awaiting me from an old friend with the sad news that his dad passed away last week after a brief illness. The happy part of this is that his father lived into his nineties.

What struck me this morning is that getting together with people of warm character for warmth is very important. As I get older I appreciate moments like these simply because with each passing year the chances of leaving this already tenuous existence increase. My friend's dad lived a long life, but too often people die far short of that marker.

Enjoy all that is offered while you can. No: "I'm too busy right now; I'll see them next time I get a chance."



No comments: