Monday, June 23, 2014

ANNOUNCING THE PORTUGAL VS USA MATCH

In World Cup 2014 action yesterday (Sunday) the squads for Portugal and the U.S.A. went head-to-head. I did not have a chance to catch any of the match-up, but I made a point last night to find out the outcome. The final score was 2 - 2. When I read in more detail I found out that Portugal tied things up at the 95 (!) minute mark of the game; "in the dying seconds". It must have been devastating for the U.S. team and its fans.

Naturally first thing this morning I journeyed to Youtube to find a video file on the missed match. The one I picked turned out to be a stellar find. The highlights are there, yes, but the play-by-play announcer's exuberance is infectious! (Is he speaking Portuguese? He's so charged that I find it hard to tell. Brazilian Portuguese? I checked the television feed's watermark but could not find the network on the Internet.)

This will make your day a happier one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiUDrWVYfLw




No comments: