Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WHILE ON TREK SUBJECT...

I did my weekly visit to http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ and this caught my eye...
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Star-Trek-Season-1-Blu-ray/11331

Even though I have no immediate desire to buy into the Blu-ray format, I would otherwise consider buying the original series on Blu-ray now that the announcement has been made that you can get the "original broadcast" versions of the episodes. While I appreciate the fact that, for the first time, the series was transferred off the original camera negatives to aid and benefit the upper resolution of Hi-def, I was surprised when Paramount originally made it known that this format contained only the 'remastered' effects. (The effects that look as though they were done on my computer.)

The news now is that both the original broadcast and new upgraded geekcast versions will soon be available.

(As a friend blogger said earlier today when discussing some graphic novel, "geek mode, off".)

No comments: