Friday, February 6, 2009

WILKINS 1 TO 3

Friend Greg Woods gave me DVD-R burns of three discs, marked, simply, "Bob Wilkins 1" and so on. The first two contain about three hours of material each, with the third running three hours and forty-five minutes. Do the math. That is a lot of Creature Features/Bob Wilkins archival footage. In typical fashion I knocked off the first 30 minutes of disc "1" then let the subject sit for a few days. Something made me pick up where I left off, and I became addicted, often watching a couple of hours at midnight to two in the morning.

As this particular Creature Features show was "West Coast" (U.S.A.), I had not seen anything before, but having watched hours of material I became fond of Mr. Wilkins and his approach to hosting a late night "Bay Area" movie show. (Needless to say the actual feature films are not on the DVDs.)

I'm about two hours into the third disc... an hour and forty five minutes to go and I can file a summing-up.

No comments: