Thursday, May 2, 2013

THE SALAMANDER - JERRY GOLDSMITH SCORE

While I having a coffee with a friend yesterday he asked me if I knew about the rerecording of Jerry Goldsmith's score for the 1981 motion picture The Salamander. I've known about the film (starring Franco Nero, Anthony Quinn, Martin Balsam, Christopher Lee, Sybil Danning, Eli Wallach, and Claudia Cardinale) since it came out and even saw a few minutes when CHCH played it years ago, but I did not realize that the score was rerecorded last summer, or that the original recording tapes were lost forever.

Anyway, my film-score buddy told me about a terrific video on Youtube which was put up by the record company showing Nic Raine conducting the City of Prague Philharmonic...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN2_1Ar6C0M

No comments: