Thursday, May 2, 2013

THE NHL IN JUNE - JUNE?!

Well,  I suspected this would be the case: The next game in the NHL (National Hockey League) playoff series between the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Boston Bruins is to be held on Saturday (May 4th)... three days after last night's 'game 1' match-up. As I posted a few years ago -- 'NHL SEASON 27 MONTHS LONG'', here -- this is ridiculous; the reason why the playoffs end well into June, in many cases. (In June, I don't want to watch ice hockey. At that time of the year I want to sitting in my backyard, wearing my thong and sunglasses, entertaining friends... who'd rather, perhaps, be at home watching a hockey game.)

The NHL season is way too long; as I've been saying for years, it should start the weekend after Labour Day (or Labor Day) -- that way the Stanley Cup final should wrap up in May, at the latest.

No comments: