Saturday, June 22, 2013

MOMO THE MOTORBOAT CAT

Look at the kitty's little bow wave. She's a movin'!

Cats, to me, are awesome, but when they can swim like "Momo", they are awesomeness.

Kevan Yeats and cat Momo had to swim for their lives after the can-opener's truck fell into a sinkhole during flooding in High River, Alberta, Canada. It's a good thing that cat happens to like water, since it made the only option at least a viable one for the furry thing.

Pet human, Mr. Yeats, thought it odd that his owner liked water: Momo, an eight-month-old Maine coon cat, likes to paddle about in a bathtub full of water, or sit in the shower.

After it was clear that the two had to escape from the rapidly sinking vehicle the cat made a move. According to Kevan Yeats, “She just kinda jumped out of my arms and said, ‘Hopefully you get out, human, but I’m gone. You got me into this mess, you gotta get yourself out'".

What Momo was probably thinking was this: "It's quite possible that one of us is going to go down with this sinking waste-of-metal, and it sure as heck ain't gonna be me...."

I'd like to meet that cat; and shake her paw.

In all seriousness I'm glad to see there was a happy ending to this story.

No comments: