Wednesday, June 19, 2013

USING A LID IS SAGE ADVICE

I can sound like a broken record with my repeated shots at Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and CBC Mayor George Stroumboulopoulos, but the fact is I get my some of my biggest "ratings numbers" with my approach to those subjects. The question I'm asking myself is, am I selling out to get the (relatively) big hit counts?

Based on feedback I've received from some of my valued and appreciated regular readers, I get the impression that I don't know when to stop. But, I must explain how I feel about these two guys.

I like Rob Ford, I really do, and I'll like him even more when he's left the centre seat.

I like Strombo, I really do, it's just that there must be someone better than him out there to occupy the big red sofa seat on that CBC show. Daniel Richler, for one, would represent a huge leap in quality.

Oops, I'm doing it again.

That's enough for now, really.

(In a couple of hours, I'll be sure to check those numbers.)

***

In all seriousness: I have a posting on my rather late introduction to the Cream album "Disraeli Gears" almost ready to go; and one on my recent viewing of Born Into This, a documentary on writer Charles Bukowski. Almost forgot that I scribbled notes after watching a doc called Blank City -- I'm now turning it into a post.

Coming soon!

No comments: