Saturday, August 3, 2013

BOB HERRON AS KAHLESS THE KLINGON


One of my readers reminded me of a Klingon character from the original Star Trek television series. While writing my posting this morning on the recent death of Michael Ansara (here) I made sure I did a quick mental run-down on all the main Klingons featured in the show. My criteria was that they had to have a front-and-center role, and not just a background player. For some reason I had forgotten about Kahless, from one of my favourite episodes "The Savage Curtain". (Given my terms of selection, there's also Korax -- played by the late actor Michael Pataki -- from "The Trouble With Tribbles". I had not forgotten about him.)

Kahless was played by long-time stuntman/actor Bob Herron...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0380787/?ref_=tt_cl_t13


As described by Yarnek, from Excalbia...

"Kahless the Unforgettable, the Klingon who set the pattern for his planet's tyrannies."


How could I forget him?

No comments: