Thursday, July 10, 2014

WHAT I LEARNED FROM THE RADIO NEWS

Exactly a year from today Toronto's version of the Pan Am Games start. Commuters are dreading the approaching day.

The record high for this date in Toronto was 36 degrees Celsius, set in 1988. I've blogged before about that infamously disgusting summer. The summer of 1987 was bad enough but it had to be put to shame... apparently.

More an observation: Rudy Blair, the film critic for 680 News radio, rates the average Hollywood movie way too high. (How much of a skilled critic I do not know, but it sounds like he's more a promoter.)

"The woman" caught driving Toronto 'mayor' Rob Ford's van while he was in rehab, was a fellow classmate. She admits that they had good chemistry but there was no 'funny stuff'. Rob had a few cute pet names for her. Full stop! Now I know why I've always been a romantic at heart.

According to a new study, big meat-eaters have the highest "carbon footprint" while vegetarians have the lowest. (No surprise.)

There is going to be a "full moon" this coming Saturday night. I must prepare....

***
Just when I thought I was done the news broke that the Emmy award nominations are just being finalized. Wow. I can't wait to hear the results.



No comments: